Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Xmas Cookies

I'm made my favorite Xmas cookies last night. This is my first attempt at making them and they're not nearly as pretty as the ones my Mom makes, but still really yummy. I got the recipe out of my hand-me-down Betty Crocker cookbook that is probably older than I am.

Here it is!
Russian Teacakes, makes about 4 dozen

What you'll need:
1 cup of butter, softened
1/2 cup of powdered sugar
1 tsp of vanilla
2 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
3/4 cups of finely chopped walnuts
1/4 tsp of salt
some extra powdered sugar

Heat oven to 400ºF
Mix the butter, sugar and vanilla together. Stir in flour, nuts and salt until the dough holds together.
Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place on an ungreased sheet about an inch apart.
Throw it in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until they are set but not browned.
Remove from oven and let cool for a bit. Roll the warm cookies in powdered sugar, let cool. Roll again when cool.
Then Enjoy! Yum!

No comments: