Wednesday, June 18, 2008

A Mrs.

So it's really starting to sink in that I'm going to be a Mrs. in less than 4 months. (One hundred & eight days to be exact!)
Lots of people have been asking me about the name change thing. Am I going to change it, hyphenate it, or keep it just the way it is?
Well... as some of you know this kind of goes along with the whole marriage thing and how I've completely done a 180 with my feelings on all of it.
Many of my old and dear friends have said to me "the girl who said she was never going to get married, is getting married!" And it's true. I had sworn marriage off years ago, didn't want anything to do with it.
Not to sound totally cheesy here, but never say never. I used to say I would never get married before I met Robb. Things changes, especially when you meet the person that you know you'll never be without.
So to make a long story short, I've changed my mind on many things related to marriage. The name change being one of them.
I thought that if I ever did get married, I would always keep my name. I am one of the last Phair's left and that used to mean something to me. But like I said before, things change. I no longer feel a connection to that name and honestly I am excited to have a new name. I think it will be amazing to share a new name and new life with the person I adore the most in this world.
The option of hyphenating it is just hilarious to me: Phair-Farrington, HA. And of course we still have people wanting both of us to change it to Phairrington, I'm not so sure about that one either ;)
In any event, in 108 days I'll be Mia Joy Farrington & I cannot wait!
Writing that just now put a big smile on my face...

2 comments:

Portland Sunshine said...

Will I have to call you Mrs. Farrington or can I just call you Mimi? xo Winter

thesmallviking said...

just like all the times you've written it in your diary in pretty cursive...

mrs robb jo-mo farrington
mrs robb jo-mo farrington
mrs robb jo-mo farrington
mrs robb jo-mo farrington