Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Buy Handmade

It was my mission this Giving Day to hand make the majority of my gifts. It was quite a task to take on, but in the end it was extremely rewarding. The inspiration for this challenge was http://buyhandmade.org/. I was amazed at the amount of pledges they received, and hope to continue this Xmas tradition!
Here's what i made:
  • Robb/ recycled scarf made from his favorite shirt that he could no longer wear due to a spaghetti stain/ a sunshine yellow pillow with an applique camera
  • Mom/ rectangular pendant with a picture of her and i from the early 80s, covered with diamond glaze/ gray crocheted scarf/ an aquamarine wirewrapped ring
  • Leslie/ a vintage heart locket
  • Jenn/ natural canvas bag with black iron on transfer bicycle/ a wooden wirewrapped ring
  • James/ black & white checkered wool scarf
  • Ashley/ smoky quartz wirewrapped ring/ poppy gauze scarf
I unfortunately didn't document any of the items I made so I've asked the ladies to take some quick shots and send them my way. I'll post them when as soon I get the pix.

No comments: