Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Scarves

Anyone who knows me knows my obsession with scarves. i think they are an essential accessory that add so much to an outfit. I've been using gauze lately, where i just have the fabric cut to the length i want and then i create fray on the ends for a look that's a little more interesting than a standard jersey scarf (American Apparel style). Easy peasy. Mill End (my favorite place on earth) has an amazing selection of cottons & wool for your scarf making needs.
Another one of my favorite ways to make scarves is to take old shirts (your basic tee, button downs, polos etc) de-stitch them and re-sew them into scarves. Check 'em out. I wear the green one practically everyday... that's how Robb's scarf was made from the previous post.

Black & white plaid wool .
Yellow gauze, another regular.

No comments: