Monday, April 7, 2008

I've been M.I.A.

So sorry it's been so long. I feel like I'm 10 years old again writing in my diary. "Dear Diary, Sorry it's been so long since I've written. So much has happened since the last time I wrote..."
Seer.
I guess I'll do this in little posts, to get us all up to speed on what's been consuming our lives lately.
First things first, the poor lil' Subie :( We headed up to Meadows with Jen, Dev & Nicole for what was probably going to be the most epic day of powder for the season. We were all silly and just psyched to be going. I, of course can't make it past Govy without a bathroom break since my bladder is the size of a pea. (no pun intended) The roads were pretty crappy, but we've never had a problem in the Sub, that thing kills it in the snow. So we pulled over into the left hand turn lane, stopped, waited for the oncoming traffic to let up so we could turn. Then, BAM outta nowhere, we were re-ended. We spun around into the lane of oncoming traffic and were almost hit again by an Escalade or something giant looking like that.
Everyone was SO shook up and minorly banged up from the red Volvo that had just hit us from behind. We pulled into the parking lot, dealt with all the insurance BS and then had to figure out a way to get home without freezing from the blown out windows in the back.
After a lot of duct tape, some trash bags and useless saran wrap, we were PDX bound. Thank god we had such a great group with us and everyone had a sense of humor.
Turns out the Subie is totaled. We're still dealing with all the insurance BS and after a few sore necks, we all seem to be doing ok at this point. Thanks to S & J for the hot tubbin' that night!
Now we just need to find another car, although I've been kinda likin' our Mazda rental, shhh.

No comments: